Thursday, February 5, 2009

What Color Should I Wear Today?

Another true mom confession today and try not to laugh too loud, I'm always afraid my hobbit is going to forget who I am! I have never been afraid to leave him with a sitter, this is a necessary part of growing up on yours and especially their part. But part of my still thinks I'm going to walk back in the door and he is going to say "who the old lady?" This fear multiplies when I get my hair done.

I've never been a girly girl. My mother can attest to that, it has always disappointing her. I mean what kind of mother looks forward to picking our a black wedding cake with her daughter. The first time I got my hair done by a real person I was so nervous I don't think I said more than 4 words. Slowly as time progressed I talked more but would still panic. But to the point now before I get complelety off topic, I made a very much needed hair appointment today. So now I have a weekend to build up fear and prepare myself for my hobbit number one to forget me again.

Since I had Michael I have gone blonde, blonde red and now my 'true natural color' (hey sometimes you just aren' born with it) red. I've gone long, short, bobbed and flippy. Everytime he still knows who I am, granted I smell funny, it takes a week for that smell to go. But, he still knows me.

I know it is irrational and you are most likey laughing and trying to think of something nice to say without making me a crazy person in your world. I've left him over a week and he still remembers me, why would on night at the salon be different. But I still have this overwhelming though he won't recognize me and I really feel it is here to say. When he is 30 I'll show up on his doorstep after getting my hairdone to make sure he recognizes me, granted his wife (we all know it will happen Maddie) will think I'm insane.

I leave you today with the thought, I'm thinking of returning to my Dharma style and a shot a Michael laughing at me for my irrational fear. Ignore the jelly face.

3 comments:

  1. Michael would know you even if he couldn't see you...you are his mom..really doesn't have a whole lot to do with what is on the "outside".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once I got my hair all chopped off when Maddie was about michael's age. She came over to me shyly, the ran her fingers though my hair, almost to see if it were really me. I don't think she didn't recognise me, but the change, especially a dramatic one, can be surprising! I always warn her now, but it's really because I'm excited I'm getting my hair done :)

    ReplyDelete