Monday, February 2, 2009

Going Out of Business

I will admit I was always the first person to know who was going out of business and when the sale started. I had the patience to go look at stuff remember how much it was marked down to and then monitor it for the next month so I could get it at the cheapest price. This is how my bedroom furniture and living room furniture was purchased. But there is just something too depressing out the the state now to do this. I drive by strip malls I use to be not be able to stand going to because parking was such an issue that have one store in the whole mall now. I wonder, what will happen to all the empty buildings and become sad. The I have today's shopping experience and have a twinge of the feeling you deserved it.

It all began a Circuit City. Who everyone that owns a Wii knows is going out of business buy games! I'm being a good wife and buying a mystery game the hubby and I can play together when I meet my cashier approximate age 22. Who I am not kidding is actually on her cell phone making plans for the weekend because as she put it "I have not seen Mary in forever and I so totally want to get wasted this evening." She was so ingrossed in her rude and innappropiate phone consersation she failed to check my signature, which said 'you are a rude cashier.' Excellent customer service let alone security and I wonder why you are not making the sales to stay in business.

From here I went to Toy R Us. Here I'm looking for Thomas party invites. Upon findng them my son runs to the register yelling "party I twoo." He actually hands them to the cashier who beings talking to him about trains. Then tells me about Greenfield Village and Huckelberry railroads Thomas days. This was a $3 sale too. Much different than my previous place, a caring and considerate cashier and by the way she checked the signature.

So to sum it up, I feel no sadness today for Circuit City because you chose to employ such a incompetent rude employee.

1 comment:

  1. I have read that those "going out of business" sales are really no sales at all!! Companies come in and mark stuff off to mark it down again.

    ReplyDelete