The Chairs:
Funny thing about the chairs. The first one took 2 months, then we decided to slowly work on the basement and put linoleum on the stairs. Well we needed a spot to lay the linoleum out so the ping pong table, currently housing the material and supplies for the chairs, needed to be moved. This made a chair now take an hour and the rest were done in two days. Surprise, surprise I did put the screwdriver through my hand, but not on the first chair as expected on the 4 1/2 chair seeing as it was out of 8 I am proud!


The Basement:
Somehow finding the amazing deal on the carpet and free paint lit fires under our slow project. In the past two weeks, a wall has been built, door installed, one knocked down, stairs re-carpeted, electricity run and plans for a quilting area (not that I am complaining about that one). Just feels way too fast!


Our slow project is almost half done, dry wall next week. We wanted to take it slow to avoid stress and so the cost was accrued over time and not noticed so much. But we have been very lucky with the cost and have, for I think the first time ever, come into a lot of things at great prices or free. Plus we have tons of help and would be lost with out the neighbor. Not to mention the friend who borrowed all three of our extra kitchen tables, felt bad like he was imposing on us until we told him how it would be so much easier to do everything with the extra space, and said he would gladly keep and store them till we were ready to have them back in repayment for borrowing them.

Carriage Lights:
Had to add this, I used my Birthday day money (thanks to Grandma, Father-in-Law and Mother) to buy all new ones and then replaced them myself, for real. I told Brandon he was lucky none of the neighbors were home because he would have had an ear full!

Baby:
Baby is doing well, mom no so much most days. My ribs are in the process of re-breaking, and I still didn't do anything fun to cause it! I am having some real problems with my back and hips this time. If I am able to walk straight at the end of a day it is a good day. Plus this baby is 100x more active then Michael in there. Non-stop, which is really fun when it hits those ribs. But, on a good note, figured out what is causing me to be so "sick," and going to discuss this with the doctor Monday!!! But hey I only have a little over 14 weeks to go and we get another family member and nothing has been seriously wrong or intolerable. Just crossing my fingers I am not put on "restricted activities" again, Michael could never handle it.

so glad you are making progress on the basement and very proud of all of Brandon's hard work. John has been a real blessing to your family. Tell my new "grandchild" to kick a little softer.......so mommy feels better. Hope your doctor appointment today went well.....love you.
ReplyDelete