I use to never get the flu. I can rememeber in 7th grade, the first Bush was president, and we had the intestinal flu together. From that point I did not get it again until the day I started my Masters classes. So we're looking at a potential 10 year gap here. Since then I have sucessfully gotten the stomach flu at least once a year. I now just need to walk by someone who has come in contact with and and bam one week later I'm praying to the porcelin kings.
This was not the worst by all means. The worst was the one landing me in the hosipal for a day, praying to those kings for 3 days, 5 IV bags and medication just to stop the vomiting. Although this one was bad enough to warrant a trip to the hospital, which anyone who knows me knows I despise. I practically cry the whole time because I just want to go home. This flu carried with it unimaginable stomach, for lack of better term, cramps. If you are woman imagine labor contractions, got it, those were the duration, intensity and feeling of these cramps. I did take comfort in my ER doctor telling me he sees at least 30 patients a day with this flu and not to feel dumb. But hey if you feel like you are having contractions I feel you are totally justified to pay $60 in the ER and have it checked out. I also developed a backbone to doctors with this one. I rejected the IV, which again anyone who knows me know they make me balloon to twice my normal size and I remove the fluids anyway possible for about 2 weeks.
But alas more there is still more dissapointment. Another attempt at a fun family friendly day shot down and gone again. Egg dying as a group proved the same results as pumpkin carving. Noone responded and noone came. At least this time we wised up and did not buy things for people before knowing. We learned out lessons with $30 in wasted pumpkins, but the seeds still tasted good. We also learned Michael loves to dye eggs.
More still. Do to my display of fun stomach abilities I missed, for the first time, one of Michael's swim classes. He has been taking them almost a year and yes this is the first one I missed. Basically it is the first time I have missed something, so small tear.... I'm sure and positive I will miss more things but the first needs a tear.
More again. I learned I am not as important to some people as they are too me. I always try my darndest to make people feel loved and cared about. I remember ever appointment people have, know what is going on so I can check on them just so they know someone cares. But, it never seems, even when I think it does, I have someone who cares just as much. One day I hope too.
Now back to the insesiant waiting game. This has been the longest 5 days ever, just 2 more to go.
Sunday, April 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You aren't as good at hiding your "digs".
ReplyDeleteI didn't come because you are mad at me and you wouldn't tell me why.
I know about waiting...I hope it turns out well. Please call me and tell me.
At least this time I didn't give the flu to you!
You know your mom loves you and I saw how much pain you were in. I sure hope today is the "turn-around" day for the flu. YOu were not the only one to miss swimming...only about half the kids were there on Sunday. Payton was there. Michael didn't even want to have "free play" in the structure...he just wanted to go home to his mommy.
ReplyDeletemaybe sometime we could make it to egg-dyeing or pumpkin-carving... with a lot of notice (i.e. invite us now!)
ReplyDelete