Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Update

Christmas has come and gone now to update and the LaPrise's festivities:



Michael:

He had a hard Christmas. A few days before he got sick, because really all little children are sick on Christmas and it ruins the fun. So of course it was a cough which starts the whole nocturnal cough gag yourself vomit affair. I will tell you it was just as fun as last year and every time they get one. I can't wait till he gets old enough to realize to stop coughing. Since this is our second winter with it we know there is nothing you can do for it but wait it out. So Christmas Eve we are in there holding a bucket and hearing coughing from 3-5 in the morning. Oddly he never noticed in this whole time his stocking was full. Christmas evening I decided (shh don't tell social services) to give him cough medicine. The whole reason you can't under 2 is because people were using it too much. I decided to half the dose for 4 year old, oddly this math was already marked on the medicine dropper it came with and to start him back on his Claritin. It worked wonders. Tonight will be the first night no cough medicine. Maybe I can get him to eat some Oranges before bed to help too.

The big gifts for Mr. Michael were Monster Trucks. The new obsession. They go every where now. It was quite difficult explaining they did not need baths. We had two other very loved gifts, the play dough which the morning he said he want to play with and we said later and hour later he pointed at the clock and said "ma its six clock we can play with play dough now." The other the bed tent. We thought his new obsession with fear of dark he would hate it, oh now he loves it. Do you know how hard it is for a grown adult to climb into a bed tent to read.

He is now 3 weeks accident free, including the dreaded #2s. He even went #2 unsolicited and, brace yourself, in public last night.

William:

He slept his first x-mas away. Got lots of clothes he didn't need all that much and cried non stop at the end of the night when he was ready for bed.


He is now 11 1/2 pounds, smiles and coos non stop, loves to play in his play gym and still does not like to be cuddled. He mostly sleeps through the night. He will go back to sleep most times if you just bundle him back up in his blanket (again no telling social services he sleeps in a blanket) and give him his pacifier. If that doesn't work a ride in the swing always does. Any day now I think we will get a good belly laugh!

Brandon:

He got Bucky Balls and a camera case for x-mas. The Bucky Balls I am going to have to take away they are already irritating me. Plus the camera has gone every where with us now. He also has a new obsession with getting a new TV, can't argue means I don't have to wear my glasses while we watch it.

Sara:

I got new earrings (my sapphire studs I have been wanting forever), a William charm for my bracelet and my Kate Spade purse I have wanted forever (I used my x-mas money thank you to my father in law and grandma).

I have an appointment tomorrow for my back. Little worried, thinking the best thing for it right after being pregnant was not to fall on a train while carrying William.

I dropped my camera for the first and last time ever at skating the day after x-mas. It broke, 2 years I had it, it feels like breaking up with someone. Ordered the new one today. Last shot taken with old one.

Other than that we are very grateful for all our family and friends and the wonderful things they gave us and time they spent with us this holiday. Hope all of you have a great New Year.

1 comment:

  1. Your family had a great christmas and we all enjoyed watching Michael's excitement this year

    ReplyDelete