Monday, November 30, 2009

November Update






Time for the monthly update I suppose. Bear with me I am currently typing with the laptop propped on the couch arm rest snuggling a fussy boy, there may be typos but I don't care.

Michael

He is doing great!! He is now a potty trained 2 1/2 year old. I am amazed at how easy and not stressful it was. Brandon and I wanted to go the old fashioned way and wait until he said he was ready. We would talk about it almost everyday, look at undies. He had the signs, the potty dance, regular cycles, waking up dry just no interest. Then Aunt Marie e-mailed the most amazing pair of undies he said he would wear. We talked about it for a few days the went to see them. He needed the boxer briefs like dad (sorry for the over share B), was so excited he carried them through the mall, put them on when he got home and there has been no turning back. We even get more successful poos in the potty then pants. We bought him one of those sill Potty Watches (because he loves electronics) and told him it was a magic watch that tells him when he has to pee. He is obsessed with it.

He is an awesome big brother and wants to help and play non stop with William. Only problem is you have to remind him William is still small and can't play Monster Trucks yet and not to get frustrated with him. When William cries he insist we find his pacifier and he gives it to him. When that doesn't work Michael usually has an interesting list of things that could still possibly be wrong, from his tummy has bubbles and he needs medicine to he has to poo really bad and needs help.

Skate class is going good, although we have missed the last 3 weeks of lessons, and swim starts up again soon. Waiting for the winter books to come to see what classes he can take!

William

He is a growing happy baby. He has already crossed the 10 pound threshold and is the opposite of his brother in almost every way so far. He loves to nurse, Michael could have cared less, is a big eater and likes getting up at night. He can sleep but prefers not to on most nights. He has already rolled over, yet stopped maybe he'll start again soon. He can also already do taxes.

Brandon

Good, bought a old van to replace the neon. It ain't pretty but it works and gets us all around. We were putting too many miles on the Escapeee and the neon isn't safe. One of the best ways to save money is no car payments so that is why we did it, we were able to pay cash. Hopefully it gets us a few years so we can save and pay for a new one when it dies.

Me

Doing ok, little down I didn't bounce back as fast as I did with Michael. But, there are a few differences mainly William is my second much easier to stretch then and I was so sick at the end there wasn't much I could do besides sit so I put on weight. I gained almost 5 pounds more with William then Michael. But, getting ready to sign up for classes and my weekly walk routine again hopefully the ankle will stop hurting.

Now back to the busy life, I get total about 1 hour a day to myself in 10 minute increments.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the updates. You got a great picture of William in his baptism outfit ....and his eyes are wide open. He looks exactly like his mom. Michael is just such a sweetheart.....and such a good big brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I think I bought brandon his first pair of Boxer briefs too! HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I want to know WHY Marie bought Brandon his first pair of Boxer briefs!

    ReplyDelete