When we were given out due date, Brandon and I adamantly kept saying: "we don't want to have it on Brandon's birthday, we don't want to have it on Brandon's birthday." So much for that. Early on the 22nd I knew I was in very early labor. I even told the doctor at our meeting that morning to discuss all the complications that had arose, I was not feeling well I'm pretty sure I am in labor. She kept giving me the assessing look the whole hour long meeting. That night on our way to shop at Target I told Brandon, "I'm pretty sure there is nothing I can do about it, this baby is coming tomorrow." Alas, Daddy and his new boy share a birthday! No comes the challenge of figuring out how to celebrate two birthdays on the same day and make both people feel special.
It was pretty amazing how much easier delivery was the second time around, although I will tell you pushing a baby out with no drugs will illicit a very loud painful scream from me that I did not know I had. Recovery is less intense and less painful, but this could also be because after my last experience I made every medical professional look at me! Plus when you tell them you had a level 4 tear last time they are very interested in you current recovery.
Michael is taking very well to his new brother. He insists on calling him Baby William not William and playing very close to him which makes me nervous but I am sure that will pass.
Tomorrow is a day of phone calls, gotta call the doctor, the church make a photo appointment and hopefully get a good shot of William for announcements.
By the way I love his name, it makes me feel good every time I say it! Almost forgot stats, William joined us October 23rd at 9:16 am, weighing 8 pounds 8 ounces and 22 inches long.

William is here and he is PERFECT !!
ReplyDeleteThanks for my new grandson........I am so blessed.
HOw come absolutely no one has anything to say about this beautiful baby boy but me!! Hey out there.......this is my grandson and I am a little "overprotective"
ReplyDelete